- 1 Wooden spoon
- Foam eyes, nose and mouth. You could cut these out of paper or felt also.
- Double-sided sticky tape
- Coloured paper
- Pipe cleaners or wool
- Paint the spoon
- Glue the mouth, nose and eyes to the monster, we used foam ones but you could make your own from coloured paper.
- Cut a stripe of coloured paper and fold into a concerntina.
- Glue hands to the ends and sellotape the arms to the monster. If you tape round the back then the tape can't be seen.
- Do the same for the feet.
- Decorate the paper using the paint. We did spots, but you can choose any decoration.
- Twist a pipe cleaner for the hair and attach to the spoon using double-sided sticky tape. If you have young children you could use wool instead.
Make the monsters as colourful as possible. Maybe give you monster extra legs, arms or add extra eyes.