To make this basket you will need:
A4 thin card in assorted colours
To make the basket:
- Take one sheet of card and every 3cm along the width cut to half way down the depth. Do this for the entire width of the card.
- Along the opposite length of the card cut little slits about 1cm apart all the way along the bottom of the card, these will enable the bottom of the basket to be attached.
- Next wrap the card round into a cylinder shape and staple once at the bottom to secure and once half way up the cylinder.
- Once you have created the basket shape, next pull down all the flaps except two opposing flaps and pull these up and staple to make a handle.
- To make a bottom for the basket cut a card circle 8cm in diameter, fold up all the little slits and sellotape the bottom in place.
- Next cut out flower shapes, to decorate the ends of the flaps. Click here for the pattern or make your own.
- Glue the flower shapes to the ends of the flaps and across the handle.
- Add stredded paper into the basket along with a gift. It could be mini easter eggs, chocolates or soap.